Saturday, October 10, 2009

9 WEEKS


▓:

€$£: 7 
OAP: 2.5

9 weeks till departure... feels like a long time from now, yet I know that it will come too soon, which kind of worries me.
I feel like there are so many little details that have not yet been figured out but at the same time, it might be too early to decide, for example, what purses should I take with me and what shoes will I have and how much clothing , But I guess I can worry about that later.
For now, I’m still searching for a couch to stay on, however, if that doesn’t work out soon, I will start looking into alternative solutions, maybe hostels or hotels if I can afford that on my student-budget travels.
Mainly for the last week I’ve been looking into what cities I want to visit and what places I want to see. So far Rome and Florence sound like my 2 sensible destinations because I’m going to land in Rome and I definitely want to spend most of my time there, and Florence is a close by city that’s supposed to be very different than Rome. I feel like I might end up staying in Rome the whole week but for now, I’m keeping my options open. Venice, which was on my list of places to go, turned out to be a lot harder to get to.
Some of the top touristy things that I wouldn’t want to miss out on are (click on names to see pictures)

-          Coliseum
-          Trevi Fountain
-          Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps)
-          Leaning Tower of Pisa
 If I get to do all of those, I’ll be very very happy!
Good news, exam schedule comes out the first week of November, which gives me enough time to figure out whether or  not my exam need to be moved and that makes me very happy.
As part of my preparation for the trip, I’ve been making very small purchases on things that I know I will need, (i.e: new socks) just because I don’t want to have to start  buying everything last minute and feel like I spent a lot towards the end I’m trying to divide the purchases over a longer period of time.
Also as part of my preparation, I’ve been reviewing some of Italian that I memorized and also have been having Peter and Nadia teach me some words, lol ! Basically peter said, whenever you’re mad just say “ST ANTOONY!” with a nice Italian accent, hehe
I feel good, a little worried, but you may not be able to tell because I cover it well with all the happiness I’m feeling.
I’m out
NWT

 P.S: I need some good Italian music to listen to while I'm preparing for this :-) any ideas

1 comment:

  1. NWT? acronym for 'noha was thinking'?
    I hope you make it to all the destinations you want and more!

    ReplyDelete