Saturday, October 3, 2009

Making sense of it all!

:2
€$£: 7
OAP: 2


I’m constantly thinking about things to do or to check out and its getting really hard to keep track of my thoughts. I really hope this helps.


In order to keep sense of this, at the beginning of each blog, I will put a quick reference to how I’m feeling about three major aspects of this trip. In these references, 10 is best and 1 is... let’s just say not good at all


#1) Getting to Know Italy: I know in 10 weeks I won’t be fluent in Italian, nor will I have learned everything I wish to know before I go.  But I'm going to try to take in the best I can before its time to go. Learning Italian (out of Italian for Dummies book) and watching documentaries or reading books about Italy will increase this measure.


#2) it’s a five letter word. €$£: this is all about the savings and the spending and how I feel I’m doing with that. There is an estimated budget that I’d like to have when I start my trip. A good level to be at is 7 or 8. The more I feel I’m steering away from the budget, the less the reference number for me. So if I’m at 5, then I must’ve dug into my Italy budget. If I’m at 10 however (which I hope to be) then I’ve actually gone beyond my expectations!


#3) over all preparation: by the night I leave. This Must Be a 10. This includes things such as purchasing gifts, finding a place to stay (hopefully couchsurf), buying winter coat and winter boots, and just how mentally prepared I am to go. Right now, I might be at a 2, and that better be a 10 in 10 weeks :-)


So please keep up with me, and why I’m doing this publically is because I would really appreciate your input. I want to know what you think, I also want any advice, tips or hints to things I should pay attention to and start working on.


Signing off for now
NWT

1 comment: