Monday, November 30, 2009

* 2 Weeks - 0 Days - 17 hours - 35 minutes - 37 seconds *

: 5
€$£: 8
OAP: 7



Seriously people! 2 weeks are left, I remember when I first started this and there was 10 weeks left, I did not think time would pass by so quickly!

Some things did not change, for one, I’m still as excited and I still get my little worry times which I soon wash off with excitement and amazement. Even though I’ve done a lot to prepare I still don’t feel like I’m seriously getting things ready to go, but I guess I won’t feel that way till I start packing! That won’t happen till about another week, because I’m hoping that in a week from today I’ll be done everything school-related and I’ll hopefully have a week of nothing but to actually get things together and pack. Or that’s my plan at least and how it will actually go might look very, very different.

So let’s talk Italy. So far, all the flashing neon signs are pointing towards Florence as a second destination to Rome. I met with a friend who really made me feel like I can’t miss on Florence and talked to another friend who told me she can give me names and numbers of people who are willing to show me around! It sounds really exciting, so Florence is on my mind now but I still need to sort things like where I would stay and transportation!

Where I’m staying in Rome is still not settled, there are potential SC’ers but nothing certain yet! That part I think is the hardest because I just want to make sure I will be able to meet people who I can go out with and can show me around and if they can host me, well, that would be the icing on the cake! And would make my trip complete.

As for how learning Italian is going, I need to shake the dust off of the 5 learn Italian books I have right in front of me! I sometimes wish I took more time to practice but at the same time I really don’t think I have had the time, plus, it’s more fun when you learn firsthand by Italian people! But that also reminds me, I need to figure out which books I’m taking with me and which ones to keep behind!

Other good news, Norway got sorted out on the weekend, so now I know the name of the city I’m going to and who with and all!!

It is true that there are two weeks left and I’m dying for them to just pass, but at the same time I feel like I really need every hour in these two weeks. I don’t think I’m ready and I don’t know if I will be before I leave, but the point isn’t to be ready, the point is to be willing to jump into it and enjoy the free fall!

Seriously people, 2 weeks!!!!!!




NWT

1 comment:

  1. its really exciting that you will be off on your dream vacation in just 2 weeks! you deserve it after all this time! savour every moment. i don't recommend you bring too many books because you won't have time for it, even on the plane your prob going to be too excited, sleeping, or hopefully have a good person to talk to

    ReplyDelete